Our Reason For Being
Fairly Covered is dedicated to the supply of Fair Trade, quality, desirable product. Fair Trade is a trading partnership based on dialogue, transparency, and respect, which seeks greater equality in international trade. It contributes to sustainable development by offering better trading conditions to, and securing the rights of marginalized producers and workers.
All activities of Fairly Covered aim to
- Create opportunities for economically disadvantaged producers.
- Build the capacity of the producers.
- Pay a Fair Price and use producer consultation to decide on the on the use and distribution of all profit generated. There is no withdrawal of profit by the owners.
- Ensure producer rights are implemented, especially rights to organise, no use of child labour, and gender equality.
- Support the improvement of conditions in the work place.
- Respect the environment.
- Support community development
Fairly Covered seeks to achieve this through compliance, and annual reporting to all stakeholders. In addition Fairly Covered is committed to the promotion of Fair Trade
Fairly Covered is a Private Company Limited by Guarantee No 5070702. Founded in March 2004 by Christine Gent.
FAIRLY COVERED is a registered trade mark, number UK 2391079
Please write to:
Fairly Covered, 6 Park Crescent, Brighton, BN2 3HA, Tel/Fax 01273 683154